In this first video, watch as Laserax’s LXQ 3D Vision removes rust from an oxidized steel pipe. The use of machine vision in this application may be overkill but it is still a very impressive demonstration of what can be achieved with an industrial laser cleaning system from Laserax.
Stainless steel weld always exhibit heat stains and other messiness, the following video shows how Laserax’s industrial laser cleaner gets rid of those stains in an automated and highly repeatable way. The result is a nice clean weld that would make the most scrutinous customer happy.
This third video demonstrates the localised paint stripping that can be easily automated thanks to Laserax’s laser cleaning. The areas depainted by the laser beam are ready for welding, touch-up and other localised post-treatments.
Advantages of Laserax Laser Cleaning Systems
Here are the main advantages of Laserax laser cleaning:
- Easy to automate: Our laser cleaners are designed to be installed on conveyors or in semi-autonomous cells, with robotic articulated arms or linear actuators.
- No consumable: The running costs of a laser cleaning system are the lowest of all the cleaning technologies.
- Light maintenance: Laserax’s laser cleaner have an MTBF of 100 000 h. They have no moving part, it is a touchless technology. You may have to clean the laser aperture glass with general purpose soap and soft cloth or change filters from time to time, that’s it.
- No impact on substrate: You have control over the amount of substrate that is going to be removed, if at all.
- Requires no chemicals: Management of health, safety and environmental risk create a huge burden on your operations. With Laserax’s laser cleaning you get rid of it all.
- Consistent result: Many manual solutions gives results that vary from operators and from part to part, with laser cleaning you are getting the same quality results all the time.
Laser Solutions Adapted to The Needs of The Primary Metal Industry and The Automotive Sector
Laserax Modular ApproachTM is composed of the following:
Lasers: The performance of the system is largely determined by the laser. Laserax’s primary focus is to provide lasers specifically adapted to metal processing.
Options: Laserax’s options provide the flexibility that is required for a successful implementation in your factory.
Enclosures: With anyone of Laserax’s Class 1 enclosure, there are no other measures required to provide a safe working environment.
For more information on our laser cleaning systems visit our website.
Posted by Normand Lemieux, BBA
Normand is a well-rounded and autonomous marketing professional with a recent specialization in web marketing. He thrives to share experiences, to apply knowledge, to learn new things and get stuff done.LinkedIn Twitter